We’re industry leaders
The joinery we produce requires attention to detail and real skill to ensure a quality end product. Our joiners are skilled with many years of experience and combined with the new machinery we have in our factory this results in high end timber products. We have heavily invested in the technology and machinery we use to ensure our products are at the top of their game. Our production is set up for volume so we can accommodate small to large quantity orders.
We are proud to be a UK manufacturer
Our factory is based in Longdson, near to Leek in the Staffordshire Moorlands. We have a large customer base in the local area, surrounding counties of Cheshire, Derbyshire, Shropshire, Warwickshire and across the UK. Customers are welcome to come a see our set up.
We have attention to detail and styling
We don’t cut corners … from the timber we use to the paint finish and ironmongery, all of the components of our work are made from quality resources. We also have a fine eye for detail ensuring our products stand out from our competitors. Our products go the extra mile, including a double draft stripped system and unique profile that we have perfected over the years. Our customers are heavily involved in getting the finish they would like and have a variety of options in terms of overall finish rather than an “off-the-shelf” product.
Key aspects our of products that put them in a league of their own:
- Twin gasket system: our windows have a double rebate and the casement sits on both rebates with the compression of two gaskets giving a totally airtight system.
- Our sash windows have a mid-rail cushioned gasket to enable air tight systems.
- All of the joints on our products are comb joint constructed to give optimum strength within the joints.
- Our bead system is security glazed to eliminate glass from being removed along with being concealed pinned.
- Hidden trickle vents are aesthetically pleasing on products.
- Security Georgian bar is a bonded bar to the glass unit and we also do a traditional Georgian bar which is a very narrow glazing bar. This works on a thinsulite unit and gives a u-value of a thick double glazed unit but looks like a single glass unit.
- All doors complete with multipoint locking system and one piece keep system.
- Lymewood manufactures one of the best door profiles – double rebated door which sits on a double strip system.
We are a stable company you can trust
We are a long established business that has been trading for over 20 years. We’re FENSA registered and part of the Insurance Backed Guarantee scheme. All of our products come with a warranty.
We are competitive on price:
Our products are high quality but we do remain competitive on price.
Environmental sustainability is key to Lymewood and we are committed to ensuring we’re doing our part in being a sustainable joinery manufacturer. Our commitment is demonstrated in a number of ways:
Sustainable Forests – It is our policy to buy timber from companies who have environmental sustainability at the heart of their business. We source only the best quality timber from environmentally managed forests where sustainability is paramount.
High efficiency products – the end product manufactured by Lymewood is designed to achieved very high standards on energy efficiency ensuring heat is retained therefore minimising energy usage.
Timber offcuts – all of our timber offcuts are put into the burner to provide heat for the workshop and the spray booth.
Wood Shavings – At Lymewood we convert all of our waste sawdust and wood chips into briquettes which are ideal for heating your property throughout the winter. Click here to find out about our Briquettes.
Recycle – any windows and doors that are removed from our client’s properties that we bring back to the workshop and recycled ensuring nothing goes to waste.
Wood briquettes are a great way to generate heat for your home in a sustainable manner. A briquette is a compressed block of sawdust and wood chips used for fuel and kindling to start a fire. The term derives from the French word brique meaning brick. Wood briquettes are an excellent form of fuel for your fireplace or stove. High heat value and a low cost make these very popular.
Benefits of using a briquette?
- Warmth – produce more heat
- Value for money – heat logs are believed to be more efficient and cost less
- Simple maintenance – wood briquettes require little maintenance as they produce very low ash content
- Less CO2 – fewer carbon dioxide emissions means sustainable energy is produced
- Less waste – wood briquettes are essentially made from sawmill waste and residue. In comparison to cutting trees for firewood.